Digital Marketing refers simply to using the internet to market your product or service. Its connecting with potential customers via different channels online. Some of the key benefits of digital marketing are that you are able to reach and target a much larger audience than more traditional marketing methods. It’s also much easier to monitor and measure what is working and what needs to be tweaked to get better results.
As a business owner, there are many different ways to have a digital marketing presence – and you don’t have to pursue all of them at once, or at all. However, it is important to have some sort of an online presence because customers expect it. Whether that be a simple website a basic social media presence or involve a major email marketing campaign and strategy.
Types of Digital Marketing
Content Marketing –
- Content marketing refers to content that businesses produce to promote brand awareness, customer trust, lead generation and traffic to their website. This includes channels such as blog posts, YouTube video creation, ebooks available for download, and published infographics. This type of digital marketing through content shares value with people with the hope that they eventually become paying customers.
Social Media –
- Social Media Marketing is very common for businesses now because it can be very low cost and if done well, can have quite an impact. Platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are used by businesses to promote their brand, inform customers about new products or services – as well as build relationships with potential customers.
Email Marketing –
- Email Marketing has been around for a long time and is still an effective way and popular method of Digital Marketing. Businesses gather potential customers’ email addresses in various ways and then send personalized messages to these contacts. With the ability to now easily segment groups of customers and potential customers, Email Service Providers can enable businesses to connect via email with exactly who they want when they want. This type of Digital Marketing is great because it isn’t reliant on a social media platform’s algorithms and stability to reach potential customers.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) –
- Search Engine Optimization is an important part of any digital marketing strategy. SEO is the process of making the content on your website (including blog posts, etc.) easily findable by people using search engines to learn about relevant information. Having effective SEO helps drive traffic to your website. Your content can be amazing, but without paying attention to SEO – no one may find it.
Pay per click (PPC) advertising –
- Pay per click advertising is a form of digital marketing where businesses pay a fee every time someone clicks on their ad. For example, when you’re scrolling Facebook or Instagram and an ad catches you eye (that has been curated by the algorithms to occur in your feed) if you click on that ad, this data is then stored for the business. They pay for each click and then further analyze how many clicks it takes to get a new customer – and how much it costs for each new lead and customer.
Which method of digital marketing is right for your business? It is likely a combination of different methods at different times. The one thing you can be sure of, is that digital marketing should be a large part of your marketing strategy. Gray Digital Group has been providing purposeful digital marketing strategies for companies for over twenty years. Let us know how we can help!