In part four of our four part SEO series we’re covering a few final thoughts on how to boost your SEO. Be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to catch the entirety of the SEO Tips and Tools Series.
As you start to put your SEO campaign together remember to reference our list of basic tips to help kick off a successful and strong SEO foundation. Each tip that we provide in the series will work together to gain exposure, boost rankings leading to qualified traffic and conversions.
The Search Engines are frequently updating their algorithms to provide search users with the best and most trusted resources on the web. It’s important that you keep you website up to date with tactics and techniques.
Keep the following statistics in mind:
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- A study by Outbrain shows that search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, a study from Slingshot SEO shows 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
- 79% of search engine users say they always/frequently click on the natural search results. In contrast, 80% of search engine users say they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results.
- 89% of consumers use search engines for purchase decisions as well as 71% of business purchase decisions are started with a search engine