We are a full-service digital agency seeking an experienced web developer to join our team. Assigned to a dedicated small team, you will play an integral role in owning client relationships and their digital needs from start to finish.
You will assist in developing new websites or managing existing client sites, requiring primary skills in html/css and client scripting. The majority of the work is WordPress based integration and UI aspects; some projects may require .net or php coding, as well as the opportunity for some graphic work. Our client base can require us to be backward compatible for older browsers, so having an understanding of how to gracefully downgrade the UI is of high interest.
Aside from day to day coding and development, along with your team you will engage directly with your clients, analyzing business needs and problem solving to drive their business objectives and goals, as well as exploring ways in which we can bring new life to new or existing clients by leveraging new technologies. This position is for full-time on-site employment only. High level items include:
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Team environment contributing new ideas and/or technology integrations for team and client growth
- Create web applications and components from the requirement stage, through design and production deployment
- Work quickly under pressure, delivering quality work within tight deadlines
- Clearly communicate project status and dependencies to teammates and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative requirements
- Experience and fluency with developer tools as well as Adobe Suite
While you’ll receive plenty of on-the-job training as needed, you should be very self-motivated with the ability to independently seek out information where it exists. You’re someone who is always learning and trying out new things just for fun. You love a challenge, aren’t intimidated by timelines, and are excited to work in a team environment on a daily basis.
- Minimum 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience custom coding WordPress themes or plugins
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, SCSS, and responsive development.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Cross-browser development and knowledge of graceful degradation and progressive enhancement
- Working knowledge of Git or other source control technologies
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite; Namely Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable working on the command line
- Knowledge of ADA compliance and accessibility best practices
- Experience with Drupal, Joomla, or Sitefinity
- Understanding of eblast limitations using HTML4 or XHTML valid syntax
- Familiarity with utilities such as npm, node, git, or docker
- Digital marketing experience
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of animation design
- SEO and SEM knowledge
Please provide 2 coding samples with your resume and an explanation on why you chose them and how they demonstrate your abilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, 401K Plan + Employer Match and Holidays, Paid Time Off
Interested? Let’s chat. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and your 2 coding samples.